What we do
The main objective of the EMBRACE project is to support innovation processes in MED area according to the principle of Circular Economy; with the capitalization of methods and instruments within an innovative toolkit available through the project platform and with the competent assistance of service-providers (Nodes) trained and prepared according to common methods and contents.
SMEs operating in the wine and agro-food sectors and coming from the 9 project areas will be assisted for a widespread and conscious approach to the principle of Circular Economy.
Nodes will assist SMEs at local level to support their gathering into 2 MED transnational clusters dealing with the above mentioned sectors aiming at strengthening the internationalisation and the cooperation processes.
The testing phase will help modelize an intervention model and an organization (local Nodes and transnational meta-clusters) able to strengthen the eco-innovation processes and support the sustainable growth in the MED area. In parallel with the activities addressed to clusters and SMEs, EMBRACE will contribute to think of better financial conditions for eco-innovation initiatives by economic operators, supporting Local Regional Authorities to develop and adopt innovative financial instruments within their Local Development Plans (OP ERDF 2014-20 and successive) that will increase the benefit and the opportunities for SMEs adopting the principle of eco-innovation.
Given the main project objective, the EMBRACE project pursues the following specific objectives:
1. To assist SMEs and clusters with the principle of Circular Economy and promote related innovation processes.
2. To promote clustering mechanisms at MED Level addressed to SMEs.
3. To support Local Regional Authorities with innovative financial instruments.
According to the objectives of the project, the results can be divided in three:
1. SMEs supported in the development of eco-innovation ideas.
2. Intermediaries trained on eco-innovation and Circular Economy methods.
3. Policy makers and public actors more aware on the benefit of Circular Economy and able to support with innovative financial instruments.